Fear the Mecca Golf Tournament Details
- Friday, September 20th, 2019
- The Vineyard, Escondido
- Golf check-in, 11a, Shotgun starts at 1p
- Dinner check-in, 5p, Buffet starts at 6p
- Auctions, Prizes and Awards starts at 630p
- Shotgun scramble format. This means that ALL teams will tee off simultaneously from different holes on the golf course. This helps ensure that all teams finish their rounds at realtively the same time, allowing us to move on to the 19th hole at about the same time
- At the start of each hole, each team member will hit a tee shot. The team will then decide which tee shot they would like to play from, and each player hits their second shot from that location. The team will then continue choosing which shot they would like to play from until the ball is in the hole.
- During the round, each team MUST play at least three (3) drives from EACH team member, otherwise, they will be disqualified.
- Mulligans shall be available for purchase during registration. For every mulligan you purchase, your team can take an extra shot AT ANY TIME!
- There will be two (2) longest drive contests on the course. The longest drive is an individual challenge, and the person(s) that drives the ball the furthest (and the ball MUST stop on the fairway) on the longest drives hole that day will win a special prize!
- There will be two (2) closest to the pin contests on the course. The closest to the pin is an individual challenge, and the person(s) that lands and stops the ball closest to the pin on the designated holes from their tee shot (and the ball MUST stop on the green) that day will win a special prize!
- There will be a putting contest BEFORE the tournament starts, so be sure to arrive early! The putting contest will consist of three putting holes, and whomever gets the lowest score wins a prize! One (1) entry into the putting contest is included with EACH golfer registration, and additional entries can be purchased at the tournament check-in table.
- Team portraits will be taken on the first tee, and the high-resolution photos will be available for free downloading. Since the tournament is a shotgun format, it should be fun to see what the team photos look like toward the end of the day! Our photographers will also be traveling around throughout the day to capture some crazy candids!
- Dinner is included with each golf registration, and spouses, friends and family are more than welcome to join us for the festivities after golf! Dinner INCLUDES hors d’oeuvres (assorted cheese and crackers), buffet dinner (spinach/pasta salads, baby red potatoes, grilled tri-tip, citrus chicken breasts, rolls, etc.), and a dessert table (assorted cakes, such as chocolate/rasberry mousse, carrot, flack forrest, german chocolate and red velvet)! OPEN BAR during the dinner reception is INCLUDED for ALL REGISTERED GOLFERS! To purchase JUST dinner tickets, please click here.
- During dinner, team prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place golf teams with the lowest score, PLUS the team with the HIGHEST score! To see a full listing of the prizes that will be awarded, please click here.
- There will be BOTH a silent AND a live auction, so be sure to bring your wallet to help support the MMHS Football Program! To see a full listing of items that will be included in the auctions, please click here.
- There will be a raffle (really cool stuff, like golf bags, massages, wine, gift cards and more) immediately following the dinner portion of the tourament. Each golf and dinner registration will include one (1) raffle ticket (we’re raffling off some really cool stuff, like golf bags, massages, wine, gift cards and more), and each attendee can earn up to two (2) extra raffle ticket (we’re raffling off some really cool stuff, like golf bags, massages, wine, gift cards and more)s by a) checking in at the event on Facebook; and b) posting a picture on social media and using the hashtag #FTMG19 ! Everyone is also encouraged to purchase additional raffle ticket (we’re raffling off some really cool stuff, like golf bags, massages, wine, gift cards and more)s to help support the MMHS Football Program! To see a full listing of items that will be raffled off, please click here.
- It’s bound to be a long, but fun day, all culminating in a little after party, complete with music, dancing and general debauchery, so be sure to stick around!
<< Help Us Reach Our Tournament Goals >>
<< Special Thanks to Our Primary Sponsors >>
No posts found.